Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

20001 nissan maxima se: throttle body..tps..idle surge..2500 rpm

20001 nissan maxima se code p0505 i replace isc valve , clean throttle body, replace tps light still comes on , also idle surge when hold at 2500 rpm
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JD replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com!

When the IACV/AAC Valve fails on this vehicle, it almost ALWAYS damages the ECU. You should be able to easily find the burnt area of the ECU when you remove the cover from the ECU. You will need a new or used good ECU reprogrammed and installed into your vehicle if this is indeed the case.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the ecu is not burnt do u have anything else i should check for
Expert:  JD replied 5 years ago.

Sure, below are some troubleshooting procedures to follow to eliminate possible culprits. Let me know how the tests come out.

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
test check out ok except step 7 idle speed not as specified rpm 1125 perform idle air volume learing, scan tool say can not executed, the condition is not correct.
Expert:  JD replied 5 years ago.

Okay, try the Idle Air Volume Learning procedure. First go over these preconditioning steps.

Ensure the following conditions are met:

Battery voltage greater than 12.9 volts at idle
Engine coolant temperature between 158 - 210 F
Transmission is in PARK or NEUTRAL
Electrical loads (i.e. A/C, headlamps, etc..) are turned off
Cooling fan motor is not running
Steering wheel is straight ahead or in a neutral position
Vehicle is stopped
Transmission is warm

The learning procedure will be cancelled if any of these conditions are missed, even for a moment.

Now the learning procedure is as follows:

Turn ignition switch ON. Wait at least one second. Turn ignition switch OFF. Wait at least ten seconds.
Start engine. Warm up to normal operating temperature. Turn ignition switch OFF. Wait at least ten seconds.
Start engine and let idle for at least thirty seconds.
Disconnect Throttle Position (TP) sensor harness (brown), then reconnect it within five seconds. Waite twenty seconds.
Ensure idle speed is within specs. If idle is not as specified, result will be incomplete.
Rev engine two or three times. Ensure idle speed and ignition timing are within spescs. If idle speed and timing are not as specified, let me know for further troubleshooting procedures.

JD, Vehicle Repair Consultant
Experience: 10+ years working on automobiles of several makes and models
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tried all the above still code p0505 i possible have a intake leak . thanks for your help
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

For the idle relearn to be accepted, the air fuel mixture has to be with in spec and there has to be no codes. So you normally clear codes first, the perform the idle relearn. If it's a hard code and you have replaced the IAC valve, then most likely you need a Ecm. There is a Service bulleting on the IAC valve when it fails, can take out the Ecm. A quick way of checking is to unplug it and take a sniff. If it smells burnt, then it most likely is. I have seen it many times. Here are the steps to perform the idle relearn as well as the location on the Ecm if you care to check it.graphicgraphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for ur help
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay!