Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

altima: gas pedal..fuel pump,fuel filter, injectors..fuel rail

my altima 1993 will idle but when I press on the gas pedal to speed up the engine dies. thought I had a fuel problem so changed the fuel pump,fuel filter, injectors still the same. Fuel is being delivered to the fuel rail
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
HI there!Does the check engine light come on at all when this is happening? Also, does it happen when the engine is hot or cold or both? Let me know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
haven't seen the check engine light come when it's happening. engine never really gets that hot as I can't drive the car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
OK. I think you should start by checking the distributor. Take the cap and rotor off and then you will see a small plastic cover. Remove the cover and see if there is any oil in there. Let me know what you find!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can't get the rotor off

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
There is an 8 mm bolt holding it on.bump the engine over to get it to a point you can remove it

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
oil on bottom side
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Clean it out with carb cleaner and see if things improve. If they do you need to replace the distributor. There should not be oil in there. It blocks the light for the cam position sensor and will create alot of drivability problems. It is not servicable seperatly, that is why you should clean it up and try it first. Just to be sure.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience: Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.