Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan frontier: I have removed the pug wire 6

I have removed the pug wire 6 on my nissian frontier but can not figure out how to get it back on.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

What year frontier?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2003
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
To change the spark plugs is pretty straight forward except for number 6. 2 and 4 you will need a extension with a spark plug socket, and before you remove the spark plugs, after you removed the wire, you should use compressed air to blow out the dirt and debree in each spark plug galley, so when plug is removed, the dirt will not fall into the cylinder. As for cylinder number 6, swivel and extensions will most likely be needed. I use a 3 inch extension with a swivel and a 4 inch spark plug socket.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is the number 6 plug galley located ?? I can not seem to id it.
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
I know, you can't see it. It's located all the way in the back by the fire wall. Very tight to get your hand in there. If you unplug the spark plug wire for cylinder number 6, and follow the wire, so you can locate the plug.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does the wire plug straight down or at an angle? if at an angle is it angled away from the firewall or toward the firewall
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
It angles towards the passenger side of the truck a little.

Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer