nissan_assist, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan Trained

1998 Nissan Pathfinder 172000 miles, after warm up, runs rough at idle and stalls.

98 pathfinder has a 3.3 after warm up, and you stop the engine for a little while, (20 mins or so), then it idles rough, stalls and sometimes willnot restart.   I have changed the spark plugs, fuel pump, distributor cap, roter, sparks plugs, cleaned air intake manafold, and cleaned MAS. When it will not restart, I sprayed engine start fleid in the intake, and it still willnot start, and you have to let it sit for 2-3 days, then it acts like only few plus are firing before it will start, then run find for a day or two and does it all over again. No error codes! The other day, I floored the gas pedtel, and it stalled, and would not restart for a few days. I think it is in the ingintion system, but I am not sure anymore, I thought it could be the EGR, but it tests good. Help!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  nissan_assist replied 7 years ago.
It is most likely that your distributor assembly has seen its last day.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a test you can run to make sure? What confuses me, is there is spark, when it does not restart.

has the timing belt been changed on this vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the timing belt has not been changed for a while, 80000+ miles

you will still get spark from the coil, does the injectors pulse when the problem is happening?