Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

1999 NISSAN MAXIMA NO INJECTOR PULSE RATE

CHECK CAM AND CRANK SENSORS [REF POS]CHECK OK COULD'NT GET VOLTAGE AT REF CRANK SENSOR. wHAT IS VOLTAGE TO BE.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
HI there! Can you tell me the status of the security light when the key in turned to start the car?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
SECURITY STAYS ON GOES OFF WHEN TRY TO START. I'M GETTING FUEL PRESSURE GETTING SPARK NOT GETTING SIGNAL AT INJECTOR
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
OK. The security system turns off injector pulse. Just want to be sure the car isn't in lock out. I am assuming the light is flashing when the car is just sitting there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
LIGHT IS FLASHING WHEN SITTING.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
You should see battery voltage on the crank sensor red wire. If not then either the wire is broken or the eccs relay is no good. Check the 7.5 amp fuse out by the battery. It could be the culprit.
Just got your post, we have not got a security issue!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
GOT VOLTAGE AT RED WIRE. DID TESTING ON CAM SENSOR, REF CRANK SENSOR, AND POS CRANK SENSOR. GOT REQUIRED VOLTAGE AT THE POS BUT ON THE REF DID NOT GET VOLTAGE TESTED WITHIN OHM SPEC
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Which is the REF sensor. Not sure I understand what sensor you are talking about.

OK, I am with you know. No voltage at the front crank sensor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THIS VEHICLE HAS 2 CRANK SENSORS ONE AT THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE THIS ONE IS THE REF CRANK SENSOR THIS HAS A 2 WIRE CONNECTOR AND ONE AT THE TRANS BELL HOUSING THIS ONE IS THE POS CRANK SENSOR THIS HAS A 3 WIRE CONNECTOR POS SENSOR TESTED GOOD THE REF SENSOR I DID NOT GET ANY VOLTAGE READING AT ALL
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
You should not get power at that sensor. You can check it by ohming it. HERE are the specs.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DID THE OHMS TEST IT CHECK WITHIN SPECS
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a scan tool that can read these as you crank the engine? Looking into the rp,s on the engine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I WILL CHECK THAT TOMOROW. COMES UP WITH ONE CODE FOR O2 SENSOR DON'T REMEMBER EXACT CODE WILL SEND THAT ALONG TOMORROW
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
OK, we may have to check some wiring on this. I would also like to have you check the injector wiring for power with the key on. You should find power on the red wire going to the injector. Not certain if it is 5 or battery voltage, but I believe it is battery voltage.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HELLO JUST GOT TO DOING MORE TESTING I DID THE CRANK AND RPM TEST GETTING 175RPM CHECK RED WIRE HAVE 12 VOLTS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HAVE'NT RECIEVED ANYMORE INFO FROM YOU ARE WE STILL CHECKING?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, took so long to get back.
The rpms are low. The car needs 250 to run, is the battery weak? This does tell me the ecm is seeing the cam sensor. Can you test the wiring to the injectors? Should have 12 volts on one line and The other line should have a pulsing ground.
Let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do have 12 volts at the red wire I used a noid light did not pulse checked for pulse at ground nothing
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
I am thinking you may have a faulty ECM. 99 was a tough year on the ecms on these cars and it seems you have all of the things in place to have injector pulse. I will see if I can find the wiring diagram so you can check continuity on the pulse/signal wires.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience: Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.