Steve, ASE L1 Master Technician
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician

how would i unlock my 1997 nissan sentra with the keys locked

Customer Question

how would i unlock my 1997 nissan sentra with the keys locked inside
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
   Most road service trucks these days carry a long metal rod about 4 feet in length with a 45 degree bend in the middle.   The way they open cars is to use a plastic wedge (anything will work, really... a piece of wood for example) to gently pry outward on the top of the door or window glass if your Sentra does not have a door frame around the window.   Doors and window glass is really quiet flexible; more so than you would think.   Once a gap about 1/2 inch or so wide is present, they reach the rod inside teh car and either push the power lock button or pull on the door handle to open the door.
   You can use anything you have handy to do the same thing.   I ahve opened cars using a couple of coathangers straightened out and twisted together to make them rigid. I once opened a car for an elderly lady at a yard sale by using a piece of tree branch to wedge the door and a long piece of tree branch with an angle in it to unlock the door.
   I hope this is helpful!