BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience
13327319

how to replace spark plugs for Nissan Murano

Greetings,

I have uploaded the procedure here for you, let me know if I can help further.

Good luck,
Bob

please don’t forget to accept, I don’t get paid until you do

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The engine looks different, it is not as simple as in the photo image attached. I should ahve not asked if it is as simple aas this, it's a 2004 Nissan Murano??
That is the right year and engine. The picture is only showing one bank of the motor. Your motor has a cover that you take off. Then you take each ignition coil out and the spark plugs are under the coil. This motor has what they call coil over plug.

Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have to check 'cos i tried taking the cover out and i don't see the coil. I will log back in later after I check myself.

THANK YOU.

HI!

On your murano, the intake manifold has to be remove to get to the spark plugs also the wipers and cowl will have to be remove, to get to the back intake manifold brackets, this is a very hard job to replace the rear plugs, this is why you can not see them, Thank you let me know if you have more questions, ROY!

I looked up the coil procedure and it does say something different, so evidently my information was wrong. I have uploaded the procedure here and here for you. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience: Shop Manager with 25 years experience