Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AAA Approved Shop Owner. 38 Years Experience Import - Domestic
16094637

Nissan Sentra: Airbag light..Diagnostic..the seat belt Assys

I bought a Nissan Sentra 2007 (salvatage/repaired) however the Airbag light is blinking. I took it to the Nissan Dealer for Diagnostic and I have the problem at the same time that the driver seat belt can not be pulled on an incline. They told me that I need to change or replace the seat belt Assy's. I did and the problem persist... I tryed many times to reset follow the procedure of the door and removing the battery for few doors... I do not what to do..
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there! Here is the nissan procedure for turning off the airbag light without the scan tool. If you can't get the light out then there is still a problem and it will have to be scanned again. Hope this helps! Thanks
  1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
  2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, the turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.
  3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.
  4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (Perform 3 times in total.)
  5. Turn Ignition switch ON.
  6. The SRS lamp has been reset it.

If the warning light can not be reset, more diagnosis will be require. Please contact you Nissan dealer for more information.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Already did your suggestion before without sucess.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
Then you still have a problem with the airbag system. You need to have the light scanned again. Before you do though, just recheck your connectors. Many of them have double connectors and if they are not tight you will still get codes.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I have to take to the dealer to have the light scanned again? Which connectors are you talking about...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can I have a graphic?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
What I mean is any harness connectors for the airbag system. Many of them have double click connectors. You should look at any of the connectors on parts you had to replace and make sure they are connected properly. I don't have any graphics on the specific harness connectors. Sorry, I would also suggest the dealer scan tool for the air bag system. If you get codes I can tell you what to look for.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Your answer did not bring nothing new for me.Cry

I won't accept the answer.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
That is fine. I will opt out and let the other experts attemp to assist you. Without having it scanned for codes again, you will get no where. That light blinking means there is still a problem with the system.If it can't be cleared with the instructions I provided, you still have a fault in the system.
Expert:  Jim Barlogio replied 7 years ago.
I agree with carguy1. You can not fix this without the proper tools, and knowledge. You will have to pay an expert to diag this problem or invest in the tools and shop manual.
Thanks for your question. Jim B
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: AAA Approved Shop Owner. 38 Years Experience Import - Domestic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did not bring nothing new for me, however I'll pay....Yell