Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

95 nissan altima: the air bag light flashes when the car..disable

Customer Question

i just bought a 95 nissan altima, and the air bag light flashes when the car is running, how can i fix or disable this light?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Here is the steps to clear the AirBag light. If the light does not go out, then you have a hard code stored and would need to have the system scanned and repaired.graphic

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
as i said above i ve tried that and it doesnt work...
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, when I first read your listed question, it did not show what you had already tried. So as I said, if it does not work, then the system has a hard code and would need to be checked to see what part of the Air Bag system is not working properly and repaired.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so then i have to go to the dealer anyways...?
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Dealer or any other repair shop that can perform the proper air bag system check and diagnostic check. I know that this is not the answer you are looking for, but there is no way of performing a air bag system check or guess what the problem is since the air bag system can be very costly and the sensitivity of it. You can not just probe a air bag system, you can only perform system checks with a scan tool.