Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

I need to replace the Idler pulley in my 1999 nissan altima.

I need to replace the Idler pulley in my 1999 nissan altima. What do I have to remove to get to this? Is tehre a diagram somewhere?

HI!

Are you replacing the one behind the motor mount ? let me know Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the one that links to the power steering and alternator.

OK!

That idler can be a pain to change , what I do is remove the motor mount . put a piece of wood on a floor jack and jack up the engine under the oil pan, so you can get the pulley off between the body and engine , I jack it up as far as it will go, Than remove the idler pulley nut and take just the pulley off, leave the bracket on the engine, I have to pry the engine back to get it out they are very tight to get in and out but it will come , be careful when jacking up the engine ,so you do not damage the top radiator hose, Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!