Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.

how to remove a starter motor assembly for a 1994 nissan pickup

how to remove a starter motor assembly for a 1994 nissan pickup 6 cylinder and reinstall
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 7 years ago.
hi, the starter is located under the truck right side all you have to do is disconnect the battery, disconnect the 12 nut under the red rubber on the starter, and disconnect the gray plug by the starter then remove the two 14 mm bolts and pull the starter out, replace in revers order , if you have more question please ask , if this have help please press the accept button .
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I see the 14 mm bolts.

Which is the best access to the 12 nut and the gray plug.?

Do I need to go through the wheel well?

I can see the 12 nut better throught the wheel well. Should I go this way?

I am under the vehicle now and It seems impossible to get a socket on the 12 nut and turn.

Once the wires are disconnected and the bolts are out, will it just slide out. It seems that there is a break line in the way.

Can I push it forward then drop it out the bottom?

hi yes you will have to push it to the front of the car then slid the front of the starter down and twist it to get it out it is best to use a short wrench to get the 12 and if your hand can fit get it from the wheel well if and you will have to go from the bottom
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok we got the starter off and there was a gasket on it, and half of it was missing and corroded ... The new starter I bought from NAPA did not have a gasket.... Napa said gaskets are not used anymore, ... I just want to confirm with you/Nissian expert first about what to do here?????
go to the Nissan dealer and get the gasket it is also a spacer the starter will not work right whit it , it is a dealer only part .