Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.

2002 nissan xterra: the timing belt..cyl..diagram..marks

i don't have a manual and need to change the timing belt on my 2002 nissan xterra 6 cyl. i need a diagram so i can see how many teeth are needed between the marks. can you help? besides the water pump, is there anything else that i should replace as long as i'm in there? the truck has 90,000 miles on it. thanks!

HelloCustomer Here are the illustrations to help you. You might want to replace any idlers and tensioners. There are probably no oil leaks, but if you have any, replace the cam and crank seals. If there is no leak, I wouldn't touch them. Since you are draining the cooling system, why not throw a new thermostat in it. That is really all you need to contend with.

Your JA Expert,