Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a 2003 nissan altima 2.

I have a 2003 nissan altima 2.5s has a code p0725 and had p0335 I have changed the crankshaft sensor today with a oem part and went to clear the code and found the p0725 just seeing if this is a common code and what the most common repair thanks kenny
hi are you saying you have replace the crank sensor and the light still come back on ? and if so where is the position of the sensor that you have replace
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no the light went off after i replaced the crankshaft sensor from nissan today the sensor is located on the top righ side of the engine
ok, first thing is the p0725 code is for the engine speed signal to the ecm , the speed signal come from the crank sensor and if the sensor is bad it will likely set both code , then if the sensor that you replace is located on the cylinder head above the trans where the water hose go to the engine then you have replace the wrong sensor , that is the cam sensor not crank, so you still have a problem , the crank and cam sensor or the same type of sensor and can be interchange , so you can just remove it and install it into the crank sensor position , the problem is the crank sensor is located in a spot that makes it every hard to see and get to, you do not have to remove anything to get to it , it is located on the back side of the engine by the firewall where the trans and engine bolts up right about the left side axle where it go into the trans , if you have more question please ask , if this have help please press the accept button .