Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

How do you replace an alternator on a 2003 Nissan Murano

How do you replace an alternator on a 2003 Nissan Murano?
Hello and thank you for using

There was a Alternator Recall on that year Murano. Before I give you instructions on how to change it. Would you like me to check to see if the recall is open on your truck? Cause if it is, then you will get a free alternator and installation at no charge. If you know you have had this recall done. Just Let me know, I will give you instructions on how to change it.graphic

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont know that the recall has been done. I bought this vehicle used about three years ago. I will check with the dealership this week. Thanks.
I have access to Nissans data base if you would like me to check for you?

That is why I asked. You would just need to give me your vin number.

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Please double check your Vin, it's not working in the Nissan Data base. Also let me know if you are in the US. If you are not in the US or Canada, that would explain why the vin will not work.

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am in the US. The vin is correct, but I am not sure if the 0's are zeroes or letter O's. Does that help?

there is no O's they are Zeros, let me try again
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This is odd, it's not working. The vin doesn't look right either. The S looks incorrect. Either way. If the vin is correct, then it's not in Nissan's Data base. It doesn't look right though. If you would like to contact your local dealer to have the car checked for recalls, they will use the same system I am using. I would suggest to have it done accurately, bring your truck there so they can double check the vin number.

I will give you directions on how to replace it any way. The Ac system has to be discharged of freon. The Alternator belt taken off, ac compressor removed from passenger side, then unplug and remove alternator from passenger side underneath as well.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!