Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2005 nissan sentra: i change the drive belts..special tool

How do i change the drive belts on a 2005 nissan sentra, and do i need to buy a special tool? (j-46535)
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

What size engine do you have in your 2005 Nissan Sentra, 2.5 or 1.8?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1.8 with a/c
Here is a image and the directions needed to replace the drive belts. Regular tools are what you need to replace the belts. There is no special tool required.graphic

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could u go into a little bit more detail
I will try to give you step by step detail.

There is a 12 mm nut by the power steering pump. This 12 mm nut has to be cracked loose. Then there is another 12 mm long adjuster bolt, that you turn counter clock wise to loosen tension on the belt, and clock wise to tighten. After you have the belt back on and you adjusted it tight. Then lock the 12mm nut by the power steering pump.

Almost the same directions for the Alternator/Ac belt. There is a idler pulley that is the adjuster. In the center of the pulley there is a 14 mm nut. Just crack that loose and there is a 8 mm head on the adjuster bolt, which is located right above the compressor. Again counter clock wise to loosen, clock wise to tighten. After belt is on tight, then lock down the 14 mm nut on the pulley.

Using the image I gave you, and these directions.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks alot really appreciate it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
dont need anymore info