Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

2006 Nissan altima 2.5s Check Engine light on !!!! have a code

Customer Question

2006 Nissan altima 2.5s Check Engine light on !!!! have a code for a crank possition sensor replace the sensor but the check engine light coms back on and still have the same code??? Please help........ the car when you starts turns longer then it should before it starts
Submitted: 8 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 8 years ago.
hi, what is the code number that you got and where is the location of the sensor that you replace.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i dont have the code # XXXXX the sensor its located on top next to the colant temp. sensor
ok, that is not the crank position sensor, that is the cam position sensor, the crank sensor is located under the car by the firewall where the trans bolts up to the engine right above the left side axle ,that is what you need to replace ,it is very hard to see so look carefully, if you have more question please ask , if this have help please press the accept button .
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok i'll look at it tomorrow is there an e-mail i can e-mail you to let you know did i find it or not?
you can just log back on to this site and come back to the question
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok thank you so much do the sensors look the same or?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

ok thank you so much

you welcome
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I Have the Code# XXXXX i did find the sensor you told me its acculy on a Transsmissino? I got it off and took it to nissan dealer to get a new one and the guy tolf me thats an evolution sensor and thah got nothing to do with my Crank Possition sensor code so i dont know what to do now. Do you think i should replace the called evolution sensor or not the car got hard time to start it turns long time before it starts please help me out.

no do not replace that sensor it will not fix the problem, the crank sensor is back there, it is not on the trans, it is in the engine block like i say it is not easy to see, it is located where the trans and the engine bolts up/ meet right about the drivers side axle where it go into the trans please look again .
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok thank you i'll look at it tomorrow but the guy in parts told me that was the only crank sensor , but i'll find it and take it out and take it to nissan get a new one . Thank you so much i'll let you know what happens :) i hope i find it hehe
ok