Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

2001 Nissan Pathfinder: I remove the 6 CD changer form..notorious

How do I remove the 6 CD changer form a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder so I can send it out for repair? It is the notorious 28184-3W400 player that is displaying an "err2" message.
Hello and thank you for using

Do you mean the Radio?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes and No. The 6 CD changer in this model is a remote unit positioned directly below the Bose cassette/radio. I believe I would need to know how to remove the fascia plate and then disconnect the CD player. Do I remove the AC knobs, and how? Once I get the trim plate off, what does it take to remove the CD player?

Copy & paste the following link and it will take you to a picture/description of the unit I am trying to remove. 18-REPAIR_W0QQitemZ250360832207QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_CD_Changers?hash=item250360832207&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Ahh one of those! The radio would need to be removed with it. That bolts into the radio support bracket. Here is images on how to remove it.graphic

If you have any more questions, please feel free ti ask. Thanks Jay!
If you have any more questions, on this Topic, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!