Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2000 Nissan Altima - Immobilizer system - Security light is

2000 Nissan Altima - Immobilizer system - Security light is solid while engine cranks, no injector pulse present. Swapped distributor, CKPS, etc from another altima, same result. Tried disconnecting battery cables and shorting together to drain any capacitors, also tried cycling key on/off for 5 seconds each, 5-7 times. Same result.   Anyone know how to reset the Immobilizer system Without a dealer scan tool? I have various snap-on scanners, modus, and a genesys tool as well, but none (obviously) have brand specific functionality.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
HI there! Here is the procedure for getting it out of lockout. Hope it helps! Thanks
graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Performed this procedure. Engine still doesn't start. Same result - Other than the things I've described above - any ideas as to the source of this problem?   After this procedure, the engine seemed to get a minuscule amount of fuel, and catch for a second, but then returned to crank-no start. Neglected to mention, the fuel pump was replaced 2 days ago and fuel pressure at the rail is good. Also have checked relay.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
If the light is still on solid you are going to have to get it to nissan. The cunsult II is the only scan tool that can get into the security system. I will say though, make sure there is no remote starter installed.If there is then the key in that system will prevent the car from starting even after you perform the lockout procedure.