Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

I own a 2004 Nissan Titan. My service engine soon light came

I own a 2004 Nissan Titan. My service engine soon light came on in the dash and ever since this has happened I have trouble fueling the truck. Everytime I try to fuel it up at the gas station it accepts alittle fuel then spits it back out as though the tank was full. It even does this when the tank is empty and I start to add fuel. I have to stand there and fill it up very slowly to prevent the fuel from spitting back out. What can be causing this?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
HI there! This problem is pretty common and normally caused by the vent control valve. You should first have the code read, but I am certain you will find a code for this valve. It is located under the truck on the drivers side in the charcol canister and only takes a couple of minutes to change. When it gets stuck closed, there is no where for the fuel vapors to go, this in turn makes it difficult for the tank to accept the fuel. Hope this helps! Please reply if needed. Thanks!