Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

My husband just locked our Nissan Xterra keys inside the vehicle

Customer Question

My husband just locked our Nissan Xterra keys inside the vehicle and I am wondering if there is an alternative way of unlocking the car? The locking/security knob is in the car with the keys, so there is no way that I can unlock the car outside of the vehicle.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using

There is no tricks to get into a locked car, especially when the keys are in it. There is a few options though. If you call triple A, they use a lock out tool to help you get into your car. If you can call a local Nissan Dealer, they can look up your key code and cut you a key based on your vin number. The other option is finding a ride home to get the spare if it's not that far.

These are all idea's that can help you get in your truck, that does not involve breaking a window.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!