eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Where is the blower motor resistor on a nissan pathfinder se

Where is the blower motor resistor on a nissan pathfinder se 2003. I have the replace ment but can't fin it under the glove box.

Here is diagram:

graphic

close-p:

graphic

The above diagrams are for unit with manual ac/heater controls. If yours has automatic ac/heater control unit, then it doesnt have a resistor. It will however have a fan motor control amplifier shown below:

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so if my ac/heater is digital, then i don't need a resistor-i alread replacer the blower motor and when the digital is set it won't blow.

You may need the amplifier or a control unit. Does yours have navigation system so that I can give you testing procedure so that you can replace the correct part

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No navigation -just digital heating and air. The digital unit reads that it is running but does not blow out anything, no defrost or anything. I replaced the blower motor because the shop I took it to said it was either the motor or the resistor. So I got the resistor and looked for where it should go but I guess you're saying thats for a manual unit- now I am in the situation that you are saying I need something else. What do you think I need to do?

The most likely problem is the fan control motor amplifier. If you have access to a DVOM(digital volt/ohm meter) there are a couple of tests to do to confirm if this is faulty. As expensive as parts are for today's vehicles, I am a firm believer in testing before making any assumption on a part being faulty. The fan control motor amp basically serves the same purpose as a resistor.

Here are tests to perform.

Click to open and download> TESTS

component location:

graphic