Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2000 NISSAN ALTIMA o2 sensor .

2000 NISSAN ALTIMA o2 sensor .
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there! What is the question please.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Had engine relaced had 6 trouble codes after driving it awhile. Fix all codes except P0037 Replaced o2 before the manifold can't find the down stream o2. I'm sure with OBD 2 you got one before and after the cat.There is no place for one after the cat./p>
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
It is located on the front exhaust pipe behond the webbing. Just about in line with the passenger side axle. Let me know if you need further assistance. Mike
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Mike,
My son just looked under the car he followed the exhaust from the manifold pass the cat. He said he is at the huge muffler and he said there is no o2 not even a place for one.I've got a new 02 from the parts store it has a blue plug and so does the wiring harness it plugs in but there is no place in pipe.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
OK. Then you may have a federal emmisions car. Look at the label under the hood just to be sure.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Did you change the exhaust pipe when you changed the engine?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
HERE is a diagram you need adobe to read the link
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I looked under the hood and no label just the one about hose and a cheat sheet that tell its OBD2 and the engine size,Could a muffler shop put one in downstream?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
They would have to put a new front exhaust pipe in the car to accept the O2 sensor.
Make sure the harness connector and wiring is there for the O2, it should be on the firewall just above the pipe.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is, the harness connector and the wiring. The new 02 I got will plug into the harness but no place in the pipe. When they put the used motor in could they swap the pipes?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
They must have if you have all of the wiring. There is no other answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just got of the phone with them and they said they forgot to put the pipe back in that had the o2. thank you for the info i'm going right now to have them put it on and to chew some butt. I don't know why they did that. Thank you so much Jason
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
You are very welcome!
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience: Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.