mr gray
Experience:  35 years experience 2x ASE Master with advanced L1 L2 electronic specialist

2002 Nissan Altima: the steering wheel and ignition key are locked

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5S and the steering wheel and ignition key are locked when it gets very cold. There is nothing in the manual to solve the problem my e-amil [email protected]
when you say it is locked???? you can spray some wd40 in the key tumblers. turn the wheel while trying to turn the key please explain a litte more if this does not help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When you say put WD-40 into the key tumblers. Where are trhe key tumblers? Do I spray into the key insert?

lightly go easy spray the key itself also, work it back anr forth on and off. when you take the key out have the wheels pointing straight. if you have them turned to the right or left that can put pressure against the release and you aill have to turn

it towards the pressure to turn key. i t will not hurt to spray door key lock also