Arench
Arench, Master Technician
Experience:  30-years experience auto and truck repair.
13630601

altima: work ck the fuse panel aokay ckd wiper motor..relay wiring

Customer Question

o3 altima wipers donot work ck the fuse panel aokay ckd wiper motor also okay didnt find a relay wiring appears okay does it feed in and out of a body computor?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Arench replied 8 years ago.
Greetings. The combination switch tells the body control module to turn on the wipers. The body control tells the intelligent power module to power the wiper motor. In order to diagnose this setup you need the Nissan scan tool to see what is telling what to do or not do. Hard to believe wipers can get so complicated but welcome to the future.

There are 3 fuses involved with the wiper control in the under hood IPM. Number 33, 39 and 46.

graphic
Expert:  Arench replied 8 years ago.
Another Nissan expert passed on some information to me about a wire breaking before if gets to the motor.

Remove the wiper cowl and inspect the harness to the wiper motor. I have seen many times on the drivers side, the harness break by the wiper motor.