Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My 2008 Nissan altima wont start. I have the push button

My 2008 Nissan altima won't start. I have the push button start and nothing. My lights are on and all my electrical is working so I know I have power. Can you help me get it started?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

There is a emergency key slot on the left side of the steering wheel. Insert key fob into that slot and push the start button. It should start. If it starts then I would see your local dealer to have the key fob checked out.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We did that and it did not start either. is there something else I can do?
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Did you try both Keys? If you turn the lights on, are they bright?

Let me know. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I only have one key with me - I will have to get a ride back to my car to check if lights are bright. I will not be able to test other key as it is my spare at my home 1 hour from where I was dropped off. Do you think the battery (?) in the key is low or unable to turn ignition over?
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
If the lights are bright, then you have a problem with in the key fob. Inserting the fob into the slot should have started the car. If that does not work, then there is nothing more you can do. There is no tricks to get the car to turn on, because of all the advanced ignition features. The only other option is to go home and get the other key, but at this point you will not know if that is going to work either.

Couple things to look at when you go back to your car. Look for the security light. If it's solid, then there is a key issue. If it's flashing then it's something other than the key. Either way, your going to need to take a trip to the dealer to have this corrected. When you do, make sure you bring both keys. If for some reason the key you have on you has become deprogrammed, the dealer would need to reprogram the key. When the dealer does this, they will need all the keys, cause any keys not present when programing is performed, will not work and will be cleared from the car. That is why you would need to bring them.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer