Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

1994 Nissan Sentra: stereo..dash lights..turn signals..headlights

I installed a stereo into my 1994 Nissan Sentra and now neither my dash lights, turn signals, or taillights will turn on. My headlights and brake lights work fine but thats all. What can cause this problem?
Hello and thank you for using

There is a illumination wire you most likely connected to the radio. Your factory radio when you turned your lights on the radio would light up also. With a After Market radio, you do not need to hook up that wire, since after market radios have there own illumination. All you need to do is disconnect the illumination wire to the radio, and your dash lights and tail lights should return. Also double check the fuses to make sure that they didn't pop. There are some fuses under the hood, by the battery you would also need to check.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I actually cut off all the wires that went to the radio and checked all the fuses under the dash. There are only relays next to the battery I could not find any other fuses. My lights still will not turn on im worried i might have messed something even worst up?
Here is where there are fuses under the hood. graphic

Let me know. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok yea i just looked down there and i checked all of them they all seem good i checked them with a test light. None are blown
Great you have a test light, check these fuses also. graphic

Let me know. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
AH! How could i of been so dumb!! I only checked one side of the tail light fuse which has current but the other side did not. Ok well i cut off all the wires to my radio could you possibly show me a wiring diagram to my radio so i can connect it the right way and not fry anything!! Your amazing Thank YOU!!!!
Great, I knew it had to be a fuse. Here is the diagram you requested. I also blew up the radio part of the digram so you know which illumination wires not to hook up.graphicgraphic