Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

What do the timing marks on a Nissan Frontier 3.3 2001 represent

What do the timing marks on a Nissan Frontier 3.3 2001 represent? I can tell what mark is zero.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
HI there!Do you mean the marks on the harmonic balancer or are you in with the timing belt?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Both, The harmonic balancer for setting the mechanical timing. I see the four notches on the balancer but don't know which one is zero and which on is "say 10 degrees"

Second, I can see the cam sharf alignment notches on the cam gear and the timing dust cover to align both of the cam's but I can not find the crank position notche that is supposed to be around 4:30 on the lower lip of the aluminum hosing.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
OK.Are you using a factory timing belt?If you are then the mark at the bottom is not super important as the belt has marks on it to line up.Here is the info for the balancer.I will get the timing marks for you on the belt.I am not sure how much it will help if there is no mark for the crank,