Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan Maxima: no dash board lights - what fuse or fuses do I need

Customer Question

Nissan Maxima 2000 - no dash board lights - what fuse or fuses do I need to check
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

First thing I would check is the dimmer switch. Let me know

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I tried dimmer switch in both directions no help.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
In that case, check fuse 60 under the hood. I would check all fuses to make sure no others are blown as well.graphic

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I looked under the hood. There is no fuse 60 description. There are names or descriptions of what fuses support but no number associated to them.

Not sure how this works. Received quick response yesterday but slower today. is this normal.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Sorry for the slow response. I work evenings.

I would check all fuses. Look for the fuse / relay box under the hood. It should be by the battery.

Let me know if you need any more assistance. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry to say I am disappointed with your response. I know I can check all the fuses but I came to this service to get information that would limiit the effort.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.

I am sorry you feel that way. I gave you the exact location of the fuse and am willing to continue to assist you if the fuse is good. I recommend using a test light to check fuses. It does 2 things. It tells you if the fuse is blown and it tells you if the fuse is getting power. If the fuse is good and not blown, then I will be happy to assist you further.

Let me know if you need any more help with your problem. Thanks Jay!