Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

Best way to replace rear spark plug in 2001 Nissan Frontier truck?

What is the best way to replace rear spark plug in 2001 Nissan Frontier truck?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using

I am assuming you are inquiring on plug#6 in the rear by the firewall. Thats the only plug that is a pain in the %*#. Excuse my French. I actually have a 3 tools that reach in there easy, but they are not something someone would have home in there garage. I use a 3 inch extension with a impact swivel and a 4 or 5 inch spark plug socket. It slips right in there. I would see if you can use a spark plug socket with a 3 inch extension then swivel and another 3 inch extension and see how that reaches. You may need to bend the metal brake lines a little to get your hand down there to guide it into place.

There really is no trick. The trick is to figure out what tools can make it just a little easier.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!