goldenruleser, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A S E 20 years experience Nissan/Datsun vehicle repair

1997 Nissan Sentra: distributor..fuses..All relays checked Swapped ECU

Customer Question

1997 Nissan Sentra:

No spark from cables to plugs.
The camshaft position sensor/distributor replaced.
All fuses checked
All relays checked
Swapped ECU no cigar
I am not getting current to two prong plug to side of distributor..
Tested both black with single silver mark and white wire all the way to ECU for continuity and tested ok....
Where is the problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  goldenruleser replied 7 years ago.
Welcome Canal Zone Buay,
Recheck the 7.5 AMP #41 ECCS fuse. Then check the ECCS relay is working.Thanks for being a justanswer customer Dave
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dave: I have done that also...Let me give you some history: Engine was running fine. Had water in oil, I dropped the engine to replace head gasket and resurface water pump mount base on timing chain cover (pitted), When I went to start, it would not start, thus, I have gone thru everythng I mentioned above to no avail...Checked and rechecked timing, all connections, fuses and relays.

The camshaft position sensor/coil/resistor/distributor unit has to electrical plugs, one on top with six wires and one on the side with two w/silver dots every inch, and a white one...according to the manual i have i should be getting battery voltage when i open the ignition switch, but there is nothing coming out...i tracked the wire to the ECM and there is continuity on both but I cant locate a source of current for the black one...the white one comes out of the ECM.
Canal Zone Buay, Is this the same wiring diagram that you have ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dave: I have the same wiring diagram from ALL DATA...the colors of the wires are not the same but it seems it is the same...I am going to try to track these by identifying where each goes using All Data definitions tonight.
Ok let me know what else if anything I can do for you. Dave
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I Solved the problem, the plug to the CPS and the Flywheel sensor had been crossed.