mauricio, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  15 years working in all makes and models

Altima: air except when going down road

05 2.5s altima temperature won't blow out hot air except when going down road. when you stop it turns cold
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mauricio replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

First step is to check the coolant level.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have checked the antifreeze and it is full
Expert:  mauricio replied 7 years ago.
Did you have any kind the work done to the coolant system?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
none that i know of but it had 36000 miles on it when i bought it
Expert:  mauricio replied 7 years ago.

Nissan has a Technical service bulletin on the radiator cap allow air to get into the radiator cause by defective radiator cap.

1/12 Classification: Reference: Date: HA02-002c NTB02-047c March 7, 2007

This bulletin has been amended. The Applied Vehicles and Service Procedure sections have been changed. Please discard all previous versions.

APPLIED VEHICLEs: 2002 - 2006 Altima (L31)

Air from the heater on an Applied Vehicle:

• Takes a long time to warm up after an engine cold start, or

• Output air cools down and is not warm enough while the engine is at idle, or

• Output air is not warm enough at any engine speed,

Refer to the DIAGNOSTIC FLOWCHART on page 2 to determine the course of repair. That course may include all or some of the following:

• Coolant Mixture Inspection procedure (page 3).

• Coolant Mixture Correction procedure (page 5).

• Cooling System Bleed Procedure (page 6).

IMPORTANT: The purpose of "ACTIONS" (above) is to give you a quick idea of the work you will be performing. You MUST closely follow the entire Service Procedure (starting on page 2) as it contains information that is essential to successfully completing this repair.

Nissan Bulletins are intended for use by qualified technicians, not 'do-it-yourselfers'. Qualified technicians are properly trained individuals who have the equipment, tools, safety instruction, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. NOTE: If you believe that a described condition may apply to a particular vehicle, DO NOT assume that it does. See your Nissan dealer to determine if this applies to your vehicle.

Perform Coolant Mixture Inspection (page 3).Be sure to use special tool J-23688 Coolant Refractometer.Is the ethylene glycol mixture between 50-55%?Perform Cooling System Bleed Procedure (page 6)Is heater performance OK?Perform Coolant Mixture Correction Procedure (page 5)EndReturn to ASIST for further diagnostic informationNOYESNOYES

If only the coolant inspection and system air bleed are done, submit a Primary Operation (PO) line claim using the following claims coding:

Coolant Inspection and cooling system air bleed only

0.4 hrs

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

where can i get this procedure

Expert:  mauricio replied 7 years ago.

I can try to send to your email.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
[email protected]
Expert:  mauricio replied 7 years ago.
I don't know why I can't see your email only xx, must be someting on this software don't allow emails.
Expert:  mauricio replied 7 years ago.

send me a private message.

Expert:  mauricio replied 7 years ago.
Click on my name a send me a PM.