Shimell, Nissan and ASE Master technician
Experience:  18 years with Nissan. Nissan and ASE master technician with advanced ASE certification.

I have a 2003 altima 2.5s; codes po335 and po725 are coming

I have a 2003 altima 2.5s; codes po335 and po725 are coming on. How complex is it to fix them? IF I fix the po335 is there any chance that will take care of the other one?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shimell replied 7 years ago.

they are related. the po725 code is a transmission code. it is because the transmission control module is not receiving an engine speed signal. the engine speed signal comes from the engine control module to the transmission control module. the engine control module calculates this speed from referencing the crank sensor.

your problem is all because of a failed crank sensor. replace the crank sensor and you should be fine.

also note, the new crank sensor you will be installing is different than the one you remove, Nissan has updated the part to a new improved sensor.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This is exactly what I was hoping to find out. What happens if I when I replace the crank sensor the engine light still comes on and I still have the performance problems? What would I do then?

Expert:  Shimell replied 7 years ago.

one step at a time.

fix the problems you know you have. then we will work from there.