Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

2000 Altima: Knock Sensor..2.4L..die..a stop at a stop light, sign

I am getting a P0325 Code - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 of 1 Sensor. When I drive the car (2000 Altima 2.4L) it will die on me sometimes when I come to a stop at a stop light, sign, etc. I have to wait a few seconds and then it will re-start. It seems to be okay when I drive at highway speeds. Thoughts?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using

The Knock Sensor code you are getting, will not cause the car to stall or hard to start. The knock sensor will not even turn on a check engine light. I would suspect a Maf or distributor. Most cases I have seen is oil seeps through the distributor soaking the signal plate causing a cam sensor code and some time will not throw a code also.

Remove the distributor cap and rotor, then remove plastic lower cover and see if you have oil. If you do, then you will need to replace the distributor.

Check Air fuel mixture for Maf ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor operation. Air fuel mixture should be around 100%

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!