Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician

2005 Nissan Maxima SL: there a known problem with the valve body

Customer Question

Is there a known problem with the valve body (transmission) for the 2005 Nissan Maxima SL?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

What is the problem you are having with your transmission? let me know ,Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The car is 3 years old. It is jerking constantly. I am being told it's a problem with the valve body in the transmission. My local Nissan dealer says I need to replace the transmission.

I would expect a car less than 3 years old would not have this problem.

Is there any knowledge of a problem with the 2004-05 Maximas' transmissions?

Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

I have not seen a valve body problem with the transmissions, If I would check the transmission control unit for any codes stored , and go from there, did they find any codes stored and why do they think a complete transmission is the problem, I would have them call Nissan for assistance , to see if they have a better repair . The dealer can call the factory assist hot line for help with this type of problem, and could be an easier repair, Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX know if you have any more questions, ROY!