Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

My 2007 Nissan Altima will not turn over. I dont think it

My 2007 Nissan Altima will not turn over. I don't think it is a battery problem because the lights, radio, A/C, etc. all power up. I turn the key and nothing happens and the car makes no noise.
Hi there!Is it manual or automatic transmission?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK.First,try starting the car in neutral.It could be having a problem with the inhibitor switch.
If it still won't start,I would try a jump start.Nissan had some trouble with batteries going bad during this time frame.All the lights and things only need 12 volts to work.The starter however requires cranking amperage.Sometimes you can have the voltage with no amps.If that is the case the car will start with a jump.If it still won't turn over then you are probably looking at a starter problem.Hope this helps!Thanks