Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

how do I reset the flashing airbag light on my 1998 Nissan

how do I reset the flashing airbag light on my 1998 Nissan Maxima GLE?

HI!

Did you disconnect anything to set the light, or did it just start flashing, let me know ROY!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did not disconnect anything. I read that after ten years the bag needs to be reset. The airbag has never deployed.

HI!

NO there is no reset for the air bags, if it is flashing you have an open circuit for one of the modules, do you have side air bags on your front seats let me know , ROY!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes. I do have side air bags

OK!

I have replaced a lot of these on the maximas, they have a new style air bag with a different type harness , the original has been a problem on the maximas I just replace one yesterday , I think this could be your problem you will have to have it scanned with a scan tool to know for sure, I would have the dealer do this repair can be dangerous if you do not do it correctly, Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!