Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE with a 6 cyc 3.5 liter enging.

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE with a 6 cyc 3.5 liter enging. My problem is that when I pull up to a red light after about 30 seconds my car stalls it is find as long as I have my foot on the gas. I scanned the enging and came back with an error code of PO505. Any suggestions? I am in Thailand so taking it to a dealership isn't really an option.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

The code P0505 is for the Idle Air Control Valve. You may need to have your idle adjusted. There is also possibility that you may have a valve problem or wiring or signal problem. I would start by seeing if you can have the base idle set first though.

Hope this helps. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Exactly how do I verify the base idle check
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
The right way to set the base idle is with the nissan scan tool. If you do it any other way, you won't know if it worked. You want to know if it takes an Idle relearn.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.
Here is an image on how to perform the Idle relearn with out the scan tool. But you will not know for sure if it works. After you are done, and you think you may have the idle set. Disconnect the battery for 10 mins, to clear light. If the check engine light comes back on then you could try the relearn one more time. If you keep getting the check engine light, then further diagnosis is needed.graphic

Hope this helps. Thanks Jay!