Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician

2004 sentra: Wont idle..stalls..startup does not stay running

Customer Question

My 2004 sentra is extremely difficult to start when cold. Won't idle properly and stalls continuesly. During startup does not stay running and very reluctant to take gas. When hot it runs a bit better. Already changed the cam sensor but did not help...What do you think......Robert
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 8 years ago.

There is a bulletin for a fuel pump repair kit for your car, here is the bulletin, Thanks lete know if you have more questions, ROY!graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had the fuel pump checked and tested and it was fine. What is troubling is that in my original letter I mentioned that the cam position sensor was changed (diagnostic test) with no improvement. In fact the subsequent test after the new one was installed showed the same problem code. Today I had the test done again by another technicien and another machine with the same problem code appearing that the cam position sensor was defective. I am about to secure another sensor tomorrow morning in case the new one just replaced is defective. Regards Customer
Expert:  Roy replied 8 years ago.

Let me know what happens , Thanks ROY!