Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

Nissan quest: The alarm of the car the clicker doesnt work

Hi my nissan quest 2000''s alarm was activated when the alarm finally turned off my car wouldn''t start. Ive been told to turn the battery off leave the key in for only the windows and radio than connect it back and start the car but it seems not to work. The alarm of the car the clicker doesnt work do i need a new one??? I need help pleaseeee. Thanks       sincerly Pamela
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using

Is this the factory alarm? or a After market alarm?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to FixUrNissan's Post: Im pretty sure its a factory alarm because the alarm already came with the car when we bought it/ Is there anything I can do or do I need a new clicker?? Thank you
Expert:  Jay replied 8 years ago.

If your remote looks like the image shown. To disable the alarm all you need to do is insert the key to any on the lock cylinders in the door or hatch, it should turn off the alarm. If your remote doesn't look like the image, then it's after market. If you have an after market alarm, let me know, I can assist you on disabling it.