Shimell
Shimell, Nissan and ASE Master technician
Experience:  18 years with Nissan. Nissan and ASE master technician with advanced ASE certification.
9291410

unlock radio code

I have a 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5s. When I put in a new battery, the stereo stopped working. What do I need to do?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Shimell replied 6 years ago.

that year altima does not have a radio code.

pehaps you blew the fuse. try looking there first.

Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Not to interrupt Shimells response, I am responding upon your request. The radio is not working what so ever? no functions?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to FixUrNissan's Post: The radio has no sound. I can still see the radio stations. I have been reading about security systems that are installed in the radio and when a battery is replaced among other things, the radio is disabled and a code is needed to restore usage.
Expert:  Shimell replied 6 years ago.

there is no security in the radio. there is no code to enter.

if your radio is lit up but there is no sound, you have a problem with the radio.

perhaps there is a fuse blown.. have you checked your fuses?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Shimell's Post: No code? ARRGH!!! I was hoping it was simple. Three mechanics have looked at the radio and told me I need a new one. I hope they checked the fuses. Anyway, would you reccommend that I take the car to a place that deals solely in car audio? Do you recommend I buy a new radio or get a used radio from a "junked" Nissan Altima? This radio outage happened in November 2005. Lol! I just can't live without it anymore.
Expert:  Shimell replied 6 years ago.
if it is not under warrenty then I would jsut go to somewhere like best buy and have them install a new "aftermarket" radio of your choice.
Experience: 18 years with Nissan. Nissan and ASE master technician with advanced ASE certification.