Shimell
Shimell, Nissan and ASE Master technician
Experience:  18 years with Nissan. Nissan and ASE master technician with advanced ASE certification.
9291410

unlock radio code

I have a 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5s. When I put in a new battery, the stereo stopped working. What do I need to do?

that year altima does not have a radio code.

pehaps you blew the fuse. try looking there first.

Not to interrupt Shimells response, I am responding upon your request. The radio is not working what so ever? no functions?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to FixUrNissan's Post: The radio has no sound. I can still see the radio stations. I have been reading about security systems that are installed in the radio and when a battery is replaced among other things, the radio is disabled and a code is needed to restore usage.

there is no security in the radio. there is no code to enter.

if your radio is lit up but there is no sound, you have a problem with the radio.

perhaps there is a fuse blown.. have you checked your fuses?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Shimell's Post: No code? ARRGH!!! I was hoping it was simple. Three mechanics have looked at the radio and told me I need a new one. I hope they checked the fuses. Anyway, would you reccommend that I take the car to a place that deals solely in car audio? Do you recommend I buy a new radio or get a used radio from a "junked" Nissan Altima? This radio outage happened in November 2005. Lol! I just can't live without it anymore.
if it is not under warrenty then I would jsut go to somewhere like best buy and have them install a new "aftermarket" radio of your choice.
Experience: 18 years with Nissan. Nissan and ASE master technician with advanced ASE certification.