Shimell
Shimell, Nissan and ASE Master technician
Experience:  18 years with Nissan. Nissan and ASE master technician with advanced ASE certification.
9291410

2000 maxima: .it..starts for a few seconds then dies,this..fuel pump

I have a 2000 maxima it starts but wont run.it starts for a few seconds then dies,this just started. Could this be the fuel pump?

does the security light stay on while cranking the car? it is a red LED.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no. But the service engine light just came on.It will run right but only for a while
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had the car running i can keep it running as long as the rpms are kept high by pumping the gas peddle but its not running right and wont idle. at one point it seemed to have "fixed itself" then it started to do the same thing almost like its starving for fuel,or sucking air,or?????????? But the security light does not come on while cranking,Know anyone looking for a clean one owner?

go to your local parts store and get the car scanned for codes. I need to know what the computer is seeing to turn the check engine light on. this will give me a good Idea on what to tell you to do.

your local parts store, like autozone or any place similar, will usually scan for the code for free. with this code, I can give you a better idea on what is going on.

or, if you wish, you could buy your own scan tool to pull the codes. they are usually about 100$.

get me those codes and I will be more able to point you in the right direction

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks,Ill do just that,Ill be in touch tomorrow.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX wait for your reply.

note! I will be on the lake tomorow relaxing. but I will check in here a few times. if you post to this thread I will find it.

get me those codes!