Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

1997 nissan pickup: hey..the water inlet on the top of the motor

hey, The thermostat on my 1997 nissan pickup truck isnt at the water inlet on the top of the motor like the book shows, any answers?

Hi!

The thermostat goes on the inlet hose to the front cover if this is a 4 cyl. engine. Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Roy's Post: ummm. nope. it dosent. my question states that its not there. thanks tho. it must be in the outlet.

Hi!

I just double checked with the parts pic, it is next to the water pump on the front cover!

If not there could be missing , ROY!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Roy's Post: heheheh so on the lower radiator hose... yeah. well. at least I have the top one off so i can see the lower one. thx! My drawing shows it at the front of the intake.. where it isnt :) have a great weekend!