Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician

Nissan Maxima: map..interior lights..quit working..s wiring diagrams

I just tried to change a map reading light in my ''98 Nissan Maxima and all the interior lights quit working. I''ve checked the fuse and even changed it (just to be safe) with no luck. Chilton''s wiring diagrams do not include the reading lights, can anyone help?
Hi there!Did you change the assembly or just the bulbs?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Just the bulb.
OK,just to be sure,the interior lights don't even work when you open the door?Does the map light work?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Map light does not work. Dome light, door interior lights, not working.

Headlights, tail lights, dash lights, radio, even the sunshade mirror lights work.

I have no wiring diagram to help.I belive the map light is on a different circut then the dome light.Make sure that if you had to remove any connectors that they are good and tight.Sometimes you can inavertantly disturb the dome light bulb and cause a poor contact so I would check that as well.I assume the map light wasn't working to begin with.But with the door intierior lights not working it's possible it's is a fuse.If you have a test light,that would be the best way to check the fuses,there may be more then one.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carguy1's Post: The dome light is in a seperate location than the map lights, about 10 inches away. Not possible to disturb the connection. Also, with the door lights not coming on, and as far as I know they are on the same circuit as the dome light, I figure it has to be a fuse or fusible link. However, I've checked the interior fuse and can't find a fusible link for the lights.
I will opt out,perhaps an expert with a wiring diagram can help out.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks anyways.

Here are some pics of the fuses and power for your interior lights,graphicgraphic it sounds like a bad fuse. Thanks ROY!

Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Nissan Master technician