Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE the Service engine soon light

No Comment Added
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
Have you had this vehicle hooked up to scan for trouble codes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes and I was told it was an O2 sensor of bank 1 sensor 1, I bought one and it didn't fix the problem. He told me sensor 1 is closest to the engine. There are four in the front of the engine
two go to the bottome of the car by the catalyic converter and one in the front of the engine and the other towards front bottom. I need to know how they number? from left to right is blue cover
then red, then white, then black. The connector are blue,green,dark Blue,and Green again.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.

Ok is this the sensor plug that you had to unhook? This would be on the hackside of the engine.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't understand your question you said the hack side of the engine? if you mean the back side of the engine the answer is no. These sensors connectors are all mounted in the front of the car toward the radidator.
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.
According to my info, the sensor one, bank 1 sensor connection should be on the right hand side of the engine bay near the wiper motor. I did mispell back side. Sorry for that. I am just concerned that you replaced the correct sensor for one, and that there is not another wiring issue that could have caused this trouble code.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
According to your pic I am sure it is not the
one I replaced. This seems to be a different sensor. Do you know if it is Three wires or not I can't really tell, I will look when I get home.
Thank You for the picture that gives me a better idea where to look.

These car is full of sensors, If I start replacing all I will go broke.

Thanks again
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 6 years ago.

According to my info this should be a three wire sensor. Here is a wiring schematic so that you can verify the colors.

graphic

Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience: ASE CERTIFICATION