Paul Mac
Paul Mac, Technician
Experience:  Nissan Team Leader, DFRT Tech

Nissan: immobiliser..malfunction light how can I bypass it so I

Customer Question

my nissan micra 1998 model has left me high and dry this morning, looks like the immobiliser has kicked in flashing malfunction light how can I bypass it so I can get to work
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Paul Mac replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunatly it is practiclly impossible to bypass the system unless you have a very deep electronics background and the wiring diagram for the vehicle. It is not just clipping a wire and presto its working. The immobilizer system is designed to be pretty complex so it is harder to steal your car. You most likely need to contact your local dealer if you are having an immobilizer issue. Sorry about the bad news. Hope this helped, if so please click accept.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
this answer didnt help me my 9yr old nephew could have told me to go to the dealer. can't take the car as it won't start, hence the question how do you bypass the system.
Expert:  Paul Mac replied 8 years ago.
Well unfortunatly the micra is not sold here in the states so I cant get my hands on any manuals for it. Sorry I couldn't help.