Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

2004 nissan quest: ABS light..the slip light came..dealership..module

I have a 2004 nissan quest. All of a sudden, my ABS light, the TCS light and the slip light came on (1st thing when I start up one morning). I take it to the dealership and they say I need a new abs pump and assembly module. The cost is approximately $1800. The van only has 97,000 miles. What could have caused this and is there something that I can disconnect until I can get the money to repair this. It''s now pulling my battery down unless I disconnect the cables.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 8 years ago.

Hi!

Does the light go off or stay on all the time! let me know ROY!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Roy's Post: The lights stay on Roy and there is a humming noise and a vibration that I can feel through the gas pedal, even if I'm not moving, just idling.
Expert:  Roy replied 8 years ago.

Ok!

I was hoping the light would go out low brake fluid will case the 2 lights to come on .

It sounds like the dealer is correct , the actuator unit is what controls your braking system and traction control, I would not disconnect it. could cause braking problems!

Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Roy's Post: Does the actuator unit affect normal braking. Do you hear of this part having to be replaced very often?
Expert:  Roy replied 8 years ago.

Hi!

You will still have brakes no abs or traction control, I have not had to replace an ABS unit on the Quest not a common problem with the quest. I know this is a lot of money!

sorry to hear that the unit is bad, ROY!