Ask Infiniti Nissan Specialist Your Own Q...
Infiniti Nissan Specialist
Infiniti Nissan Specialist, ASE master technician
Experience:  Infiniti Nissan specialist. ASE Master technician. 25+ years general automotive experience

I have a nissan a15 industrial engine ,inline 4cyl. 1.4 ...

Customer Question

I have a nissan a15 industrial engine ,inline 4cyl. 1.4 liter and it,s in a mayco c30hdni concrete pump, has throttle body fuel injection to a single injector made by zennith fuel systems "zeems 11 ''. And it has 51 hp and runs my pump off a double vbelt pulley on a centrifikul clutch "noram" controlled by a throttle actuator. thats all I know to describe the power unit of my pump to you. Anyway on the job in between concrete trucks waiting with crete in pump not bad conditions though,compared to other times "summer" Telling you this so you know it started running under Quik load after the wait, anyway something came undone in bottom of engine, not all the way its still in there ,just knocking real good gets faster and harder if reved more of a loud tap rather than knock.if you can get what i mean ? Have thrown a pushrod in my younger years,it does''nt seem that bad ,dont think its tore anything up.ANyway construction is slow,I have to fix this ,Its my living. its in the bottom ,start?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Infiniti Nissan Specialist replied 8 years ago.
Hi there,

Start out by performing a cylinder balance test and see if the noise lightens up or goes away. Pull each spark plug wire, one at a time and listen for a change in the noise. If it goes away or lightens up much you've probably got a worn rod bearing. Once you isolate it to a certain cylinder you can remove the pan and take a look at the bearing and see if it's worn out.