Ask Infiniti Nissan Specialist Your Own Q...
Infiniti Nissan Specialist
Infiniti Nissan Specialist, ASE master technician
Experience:  Infiniti Nissan specialist. ASE Master technician. 25+ years general automotive experience

2003 350Z: is having intermittent starting problems..few minutes

2003 350Z is having intermittent starting problems (once out of every 7 times). Engine will turn over, but will not start. After a few minutes of trying to start it will eventually start.
Many 350's have had this problem and it was due to faulty crank position sensors. There was a recall on early production 2003's, so I would check to see if your car falls in the vin range for the recall and if it has been performed.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Infiniti Nissan Specialist's Post: Is this a repair that my local shop can make or do I need to take it to a Nissan dealer? Any ideas what the cost is.

This is a recall so it is free. I recommend you call Nissan with your vin# XXXXX see if you vehicle is part of the recall.