Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2008 G37 coup starting leaking water and running hot

Customer Question

My 2008 G37 coup starting leaking water and running hot suddenly while I was sitting idle for 5 minutes It has been smelling lke coolant for a month prior to the major leak out of the radiator. The reservoir is still full . The leak seems to be on the passangers side near the ehicle when I look under it.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 7 days ago.
Hi welcome to just answers , my name is***** leak of antifreeze will cause the reserved bottle to go low and boiled over, if you see antifreeze in the floor near the pass/ side then there most be a leak, possibly a hose or heater core or the engine head . First thing you need to do is a cooling pressure test with a pressure pump this is a tool that puts pressure on the radiator and engine if there is a leak it will show right away, door have a coolante pressure tester?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no I dont . what should I do after that. it fluded the ground at once at idle . The radiator was dry and it immediatley ran hot but the reserve tank was still full .
ok some times when there is vapor lock on the radiator cause by a leak anywhere in the cooling system the vapor pressure on the radiator will prevent fluid from the reserved to fill up the radiator
You need to have a cooling system pressure test done at any repair shop as soon as possible because this can cause engine failure do to overheating.