Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Have a 2000 g20 base infiniti that RPM'S bounce as soon as

Have a 2000 g20 base infiniti that RPM'S bounce as soon as you hit the gas. Has new TPS, IAC, Injectors, distributor, MAF, fuel pump, filter. Not throwing any codes, has us baffled.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does the car seem to run ok and it's just the Tach that is bouncing? or do you find that it tends to rev up to 2k rpms and bounce around there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It idles like a kitten purring until you try to gas on it. Also forgot to mention that we put new EGR, 02 sensor, but timing is at 9 degrees with no load.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It will start bouncing around 1800 RPM'S then bounces up and down. It is not just the tach as engine will review up and down and you feel it in the vehicle as it speeds up and slows down.

Do you find that if you accelerate lightly it will accelerate, but if you accelerate to hard the Rev's bounce?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it seems to respond better with easy acceleration versus heavy.

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when the car is running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did, I have a genius one touch that brought up a 02 fault and after testing, found it to be no good and replaced it. Cleared codes and nothing comes back up.

Thank you. This sounds like a MAF sensor issue. When the MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor is not able to meter air properly it can cause the tach to bounce around th 2k rpm ***** *****ke you are describing. I would have it checked to verify. If you do need a MAF sensor, after market ones never work properly.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will keep you posted, Nissan MAF on the way.

You got it!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay, had to go out of town, the MAF from dealership did not fix the problem. What's next?

Before you replaced the TPS, IAC and all the parts you replaced. Did you have codes? If so, what codes did you have?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Originally, I found a bad TPS, it was shorted and had blown a fuse.

Do you know if the TPS is installed properly? Was it adjusted with a scanner and the car not running and set to .48 volts?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am still out of town, when I get back, I will run the test to see.

ok